‘Governors are dedicated to improving the school.’
The Glebe Primary School – Ofsted 2016
Mrs Justine Moralee
Local Authority Representative:
Cllr Tony Riordan
Mr Patrick Davis
Mrs M Hockridge
Miss J Stokes
Mrs A Sheath
Mrs C Todd
Mrs Gillian Broome (Chair of Governors)
Mr Andrew Jackson (Vice Chair of Governors)
Ms L Hollinshead
Mrs Joanne Lewis
Please see below our Register of Governor Interests:
The following information helps to understand the role and responsibilities of our school governors.
- The names of the governors can be found above and on the Community Board at both ends of the school.
- The governors are there to support the running of the school. There are three meetings held each term.
- One meeting is the School Improvement meeting where governors discuss standards, staffing, training issues, new and reviewed policies and progress in all areas of the curriculum.
- One meeting is the Resources meeting where the governors set the school budget and discuss priorities for the finances of the school.
- The third meeting is the full governors meeting where the whole Governing bodies consider minutes from meetings, any training and any other issues.
- The governors also come into school to work with school leaders in order to understand the working of the school.
How to become a Governor
Parent Governors – Nominations are sought from parents. If more nominations are received than vacancies an election takes place. Pen portraits of the candidates are required to support the election process.
Staff Governors – Nominations are sought from staff. If more nominations are received than vacancies an election takes place.
Community Governors – Appointment are made by the Governing Body and appointments are based on skills sets required by the Governing Body.