At The Glebe Primary School, we shape our history curriculum to ensure it is fully inclusive to all. We aim to maximise the outcomes for every child so that they know more, remember more and understand more. Our aims are to fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum for History; providing a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum that encompasses the British Values throughout; ensuring the progressive development of historical concepts, knowledge and skills; and for the children to study life in the past.
We aim for a high quality history curriculum which should inspire pupil’s curiosity and fascination about Britain’s past and the wider world. At The Glebe Primary School, it is our aim to instil a love of History in all of our children by gaining knowledge and skills, not just through experiences in the classroom, but also with the use of fieldwork and educational visits.
As a result of this children will:
- Increase and develop their historical skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes.
- Increase their understanding of the present in the context of the past
- Develop and use their skills in enquiry, analysis, evaluation and argument.
- Develop their interest in the past, arousing their curiosity and motivation to learn.
- Develop a sense of identity through learning about the past.